Prevention is always better than cure, and one must always take care of it especially when suffering from health problems. Malaria is one of the deadliest diseases if not taken care of properly. As per medical science, there are four types of Plasmodium parasite that causes malaria with different intensity.
These are Plasmodium vivax, Plasmodium falciparum, Plasmodium oval and Plasmodium malaria. Amongst all these parasites, Plasmodium falciparum is the most dangerous which can cause death if not treated with great care.
In this context, we are here with diet for malaria diagnosed patients so that they can accordingly prevent the increasing symptoms of the disease.
There are many other ways to prevent malaria but by following the diet for malaria patients, you shield your body internally. It is always good to boost your immunity instead of taking the external medication in later time.
Especially when you stay in monsoon prone area, you are likely to come across the malaria parasite vectors quite too often. So let us have a look at the diet for malaria diagnosed patients.
Best Diet Plan For Malaria Patients
- The first and foremost rule to healthy living is clean and boiled water. As we all know that most of the eggs and larvae flourish under moist conditions and they are likely to contaminate water. So it is always better to boil the water before drinking because boiling it to a certain temperature will kill the causative agent.
- Another thing that will help you a lot during malaria is fluid diet. Instead of having solid or semi-solid eatables, it would be better if you have glucose water, fruit juice, coconut water, milkshakes, and normal water. By relying upon liquid diet, it gets easy for your body to release out the toxins and parasite through excretion.
- We all know that malaria is a kind of disease which makes you weak and increases the fatigue. So, you should always consume a diet rich in energy and also something which can be digested easily. Hence, the best option for us is rice. It is rich in carbohydrate, releases energy instantly, and is easy for your stomach to digest.
- If you are not adversely affected by malaria and you are not facing a problem in digestion, then you can have something rich in protein. Protein is essential for the body because they generate antibodies that help in fighting any disease or infection. Hence, this will provide more protection against any disease.
- One thing to which you must say no until malaria gets cured is fat. They are heavy and take longer to digest. This can pressurize your digestive system, and it will get difficult for your stomach and liver to absorb the fat. They are heavy, and you will feel full for a long time because of which intake of useful eatables will be at a halt.
- You must always try to take the maximum amount of fruits and vegetables, especially in the combination of different colors. Doing this will help in releasing out the toxins of your body in an easier manner. Detoxification is necessary during malaria, and this is the ultimate way of doing it.
- The disease may cause inflammation in your body and consumption of a diet rich in omega-3 will neutralize it. You can take a walnut, peanut, salad with olive oil, etc.
- When you are finally recovering from malaria at a slow pace, you must take more precautions. Intake of multivitamins, B-complex, and minerals will help in increasing the cell growth rate. It will rejuvenate your body and protect you from the parasite in future.
Malaria is not a fatal disease, but it can be if you don’t take care of your health. Adopting a healthy diet is necessary when you’re diagnosed with Malaria or even Typhoid or some severe disease. I hope our guide helped you, and please do comment below your opinions and queries regarding Malaria and diet tips. We’re happy to help 🙂